SPECIAL PROGRAM: AGRIBUSINESS MANAGEMENT AND MARKETING
(March 18th to May 7th 2019)
The Audencia Business School (ABS – Nantes, France) and Fundação Escola de Comércio Álvares Penteado (FECAP – São Paulo, Brazil) have established an academic partnership to promote Study Abroad and Short-term Academic programs with co-validation of credits for Undergraduate and Graduate Courses.
The first International Module (Agribusiness Management & Marketing) for Audencia students will be offered in São Paulo, Brazil at FECAP (Campus Liberdade) from March to May 2019.
FECAP and the ABS recognize the importance of education, research and Cross cultural competence aiming at the economic , social and cultural development of its communities. Therefore, both universities have established a broad range of options to encourage, develop, and facilitate cooperative activities in fields of common interest. The agreement aims at achieving academic linkage through the exchange of faculty, administrative personnel, and students.
The following options of academic development are available:
- Study abroad in France and in Brazil for graduate studies with co-validation of credits (in these programs, usually 120 contact hours or courses may be taken in são paulo or in nantes, or in são paulo during 8 weeks. The courses are taught by abs and fecap professors. nominated students will pay the university of origin and they must bear the costs of accommodation in a homestay or student residence, including air and ground transportation, room and board and health insurance);
- Study abroad in France and in Brazil for undergraduate programs with co-validation of credits for 5 FECAP students and 5 ABS students. Nominated students will pay the university of origin and they must bear the costs of accommodation in a homestay or student residence, including air and ground transportation, room and board and health insurance (study abroad program);
- Special short term programs in France and in Brazil (programs of 2-week, 4-week or 6-week in january or july for 5 fecap students and 5 abs students. Nominated students will pay the university of origin and they must bear the costs of accommodation in a homestay or student residence, including air and ground transportation, room and board and health insurance).
- Visits and exchanges of faculty, administrative personnel, and other appropriate personnel;
- Joint organization of scientific, educational, cultural seminars, conferences, symposia, and workshops;
- Coordinated research or double degree;
- Project and joint research projects;
- Development of joint programs.
ABOUT NANTES, FRANCE
The ABS counts on two beautiful campuses in Nantes and in Paris. Both of them were created with environments proper for learning skills development. The Campus in Nantes counts with a library that registers 15,000 catalogued books, 500 titles of journals and periodicals in French and in English. The library has free access to Wi-Fi. The school has a special room for finance and business negotiation with access to several financial tools and indexes. The ABS Intranet offers a database with accommodation options for international students with apartments and student halls. There is a virtual platform that provides students with information on course schedules, email access, and course contents.
CAMPUS DE PARIS. The Paris Campus houses the EXCUTIVE MBA PROGRAM and the unique DBA (Doctor of Business Administration Program) which is offered in partnership with the Toulouse Business School, offering several executive education programs and custom designed programs for companies.
A Audencia Business School, founded in 1900 is located in Nantes, France and it is one of the most competitive universities focused in the Business Administration area. It is an accredited institution recognized by several academic agencies of excellence in the business performance and innovation areas, such as the AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business), AMBA (Association of MBAs) and EQUIS (EFMD Quality Improvement System). In a nutshell, the school is based on fundamental principles that direct all actions: Global responsibility, Entrepreneurship and Cultural Awareness about international competence. In 2004, ABS became the first management French School to sign the United Nations Global Act. The school, then, signed the Responsible Management Educational Principle. So nowadays the school prioritizes an International mindset among its communities and fosters double competences.
The Most popular courses are:
- Master’s degree in management of european and international business;
- Master’s degree in international mangement;
- Master’s degree in enginerring management;
- MBA in food management and agribusiness;
- Master’s of management and entrepreneurship of criative economy;
- Special program – agribusiness management & marketing.
ABOUT FECAP, SÃO PAULO BRAZIL
FECAP: an overview of 116 years of academic excellence
The Fundação Escola de Comércio Álvares Penteado – FECAP, sponsoring institution of the Álvares Penteado University Center (FECAP) — was founded in 1902 (in São Paulo, Brazil) with the purpose of offering courses in Business Management to fill in the existing gap of qualified business people necessary to boost the “Paulista” economic powerhouse in the 1900’s.
Aiming at forming a generation of business professionals, Professor Horácio Berlinck proposed the creation of a school focused on commercial practices. He counted on the support of prominent businessmen of the “Paulistana” society, among those, the Count Antonio Álvares Penteado, and, therefore, the Commerce Practical School was founded in the beginning of the 20th Century.
In 1905, the institution was already recognized as an institution of public interest, accredited to issue diplomas. The Count Álvares Penteado decided to donated a piece of land at the noble Largo São Francisco (downtown area) and built the school facilities inaugurated in 1908.
In 1923, the school gained the status of a non-profit Foundation (Fundação Escola de Comércio Álvares Penteado) and it started offering not only technical courses but also university programs.
In 1931, it was founded the first college of economics in the country entitled Faculdade de Ciências Econômicas do Estado de São Paulo ( FACESP), offering the Bachelor of Arts in Economics degree The first degree in Accounting was offered in 1945, and the Undergraduate in Business Administration Program, in 1966.
In the 1970’s a new campus was built at “Av. da Liberdade” and aiming at offering cutting-edge knowledge in the business administration area, using the experience gained in 80 years of educational activities, the Foundation created Graduated courses ( specialization Programs classified as “Lato Sensu” ) in its well-known areas of excellence, such as business , accounting and trade and commerce. In 1999, it was accredited by the Department of Education to hold Graduated Studies (Stricto Sensu), that is, Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Controllership and Strategic Accounting.
By celebrating its 100th Anniversary in 2002 and due to its academic excellence, FECAP was accredited by the Department of Education to turn on a University Center, Centro Universitário Álvares Penteado, FECAP.
In the last decade, FECAP has narrowed down its cultural and academic relations with foreign universities and language institutes, having successfully placed students in the United States, Canada, Italy , Spain, Colombia and Ireland. In 2016, the International Office was created to stimulate the promotion of exchange programs between FECAP students / faculty and students from the international community. Like several business schools of academic excellence around the world, FECAP has chosen ENGLISH AS A MEDIA OF INSTRUCTION ( EMI) and the internationalization process also encompasses the teaching of courses in the English Language ; some examples are: Entrepreneurship, Financial Statements, Business English and Multiculturalism, Corporate Finances, and others. According to the Department of Education, FECAP is ranked among the top 5.5% institutions with academic excellence (out of over 1,800 Higher Education Institutions). By offering one of the most competitive Business Programs in the country, FECAP has recently become a member of AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business). This institution’s purpose includes the connection of educators, students and business to achieve a common goal: to create the next generation of great leaders. AACSB connects, shares and inspires innovation and creativity throughout the member network, as well as the business community. FECAP counts with a dynamic and rich library that catalogues books, magazines and has access to over 3,000 of periodical titles through the Ebsco Host. The facilities includes, computer labs, reading rooms, teacher’s lounge, conference halls, soccer and volleyball and a theater.
The most undergraduate programs offered are:
- Business administration;
- Digital games;
- Executive secretariat;
- International relations;
- Multmedia content production;
- Public relations.