Dear International Student,
On behalf of the FECAP International OFFICE, we would like to welcome you to São Paulo and FECAP , where we hope you will have a wonderful academic, social and cultural experience in the largest financial , corporate and commercial city in South America with a growing population of 11.32 million inhabitants.
GETTING TO KNOW SÃO PAULO – São Paulo is located in the Southeast Region of Brazil and it is ranked as the Earth’s 11th largest city by population . It was founded as small village called by the Portuguese colonizers, São Paulo dos Campos de Piratininga on Jan. 25, 1554. The Jesuit College of 12 priests included Manuel da Nóbrega and José de Anchieta, and their structure was located on top of a steep hill between the Rivers Anhangabaú and Tamanduateí. Having the largest economy by GDP in Latin America, the city is home to the São Paulo Stock Exchange. The Paulista Avenue is one of the Financial centers of the city that has the 10th largest GDP in the world, representing alone 10.7% of the Brazilian GDP.
The metropolis is also home to several tallest buildings in in Brazil , such as Edifício Itália , the North Tower, Mirante do Vale , World Trade Center and others. The city has economic, cultural, political and technological reputation and influence in Latin America.
São Paulo is a Melting Pot or a Salad Bowl city (although it preserves and respects cultural differences) , being the home of the largest Arab, Italian, Japanese diasporas, with Ethnic background of Portuguese decedents, Afro-Brazilians and Indians. Concerning European influences, the city has a strong inheritance from Spanish, Germans, and Polish. São Paulo is also home to the largest Jewish population in the country and one of the largest Urban Jewish populations in the world.
The city’s Latin motto, which it has shared with the Battleship and Aircraft carriers named after it is NON DUCOR, DUCO (I AM NOT LED, I LEAD).
ABOUT FECAP: AN OVERVIEW OF 116 YEARS OF EXCELLENCE IN EDUCATION
The Fundação Escola de Comércio Álvares Penteado -FECAP, sponsoring entity of the Álvares Penteado University Center ( UniFECAP) — was founded in 1902 (in São Paulo, Brazil) with the purpose of offering courses in Business Management to fill in the existing gap of qualified business people necessary to boost the “Paulista” economic powerhouse in the 1900’s . Aiming at forming a generation of business professionals, Professor Horácio Berlinck proposed the creation of a school focused on commercial practices . He counted on the support of prominent businessmen of the “Paulistana” society , among those , the Count Antonio Álvares Penteado, and, therefore, the Commerce Practical School was founded in the beginning of the 20th Century. In 1905 , the institution was already recognized as an institution of public interest, accredited to issue diplomas. The Count Álvares Penteado decided to donated a piece of land at the noble Largo São Francisco (downtown area) and built the school facilities inaugurated in 1908.
In 1923, the school gained the status of a non-profit Foundation ( Fundação Escola de Comércio Álvares Penteado) and it started offering not only technical courses but also university programs. In 1931, it was founded the first college of economics in the country entitled Faculdade de Ciências Econômicas do Estado de São Paulo ( FACESP), offering the Bachelor of Arts in Economics degree . The first degree in Accounting was offered in 1945, and the Undergraduate in Business Administration Program, in 1966. In the 1970’s a new campus was built at “ Av. da Liberdade” and aiming at offering cutting-edge knowledge in the business area, using the experience gained in 80 years of educational activities, the Foundation created Graduated courses ( specialization Programs classified as “Lato Sensu” ) in its well-known areas of excellence, such as business , accounting and trade . In 1999, it was accredited to hold Graduated Studies (Stricto Sensu) , that is, Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Controllership and Strategic Accounting.
With the drastic economic, political, technological and cultural changes of the 20th Century, FECAP has reviewed its mission, becoming an institution devoted to excellence , concerning the formation of qualified professionals with accurate awareness of citizenship and socio-enterprise views.
By celebrating its 100th Anniversary in 2002 and due to its academic excellence, FECAP was accredited by the Department of Education to turn on a University Center , Centro Universitário Álvares Penteado, UniFECAP. According to the institutional strategic plan, (2001-2005), the FECAP has inaugurated its Undergraduate Program in International Relations.
ACOMMODATION INFORMATION (Hostels)
1 – HOSTEL VERGUEIRO – Located in a walking distance from FECAP (13 minutes)
Address: Rua Vergueiro, 434 Liberdade , SP
Reservations: 55 11 2649-1323 firstname.lastname@example.org
Facilities –Single Rooms; Double Rooms; Collective Rooms ( For Girls) ; Free Wi-fi; Furnished Kitchen TV Room ; Reception open until 1:00 am; Convenience Stores; Laundry;
2 – BRAZILODGE HOSTEL. Located at a walking distance from the Ana Rosa Metrô station.
Address: Rua Rio Grande 167 Vila Mariana
Reservations : 55 11 2362-6495 email@example.com
Facilities –Shared Rooms; Double Rooms Free Wi-fi ;Solarium; Furnished Kitchen ;Study Room ; The Garden; TV Room ; 24-hour Reception, Desk tops available; Convenience Stores; Laundry
3 – WE HOSTEL – Located at a walking distance from the Ana Rosa Metrô Station
Address: Rua Morgado de Mateus 567 Vila Mariana SP 04015-051
Reservations: 55 112 2615-2262
Facilities – Shared Rooms ; Wi-fi; Furnished Kitchen; 24-hour Reception; The Lounge; Convenience Stores ; Shopping Center ; Laundry.
ACOMMODATION INFORMATION ( HOTELS)
1. NIKKEY PALACE HOTEL – Located in a walking distance from the FECAP campus at Liberdade.
Address: Rua Galvão Bueno 425, Liberdade , São Paulo – SP
Please consult availabilities and costs at: www.nikkeyhotel.com.br
Phone: 55 11 3207-8511
2. GLORIA PLAZA HOTEL – Located in a walking distance from FECAP
Address : Rua da Gloria 452, Liberdade – São Paulo – SP
Please consult availabilities and costs at: www.gloriaplazahotel.com.br
Reservations: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone 55 113209-6900
3. LEQUES BRAZIL HOTEL ESCOLA – Located in one-stop Metro Station from Liberdade
Rua São Joaquim , 216 – Liberdade – São Paulo – SP
Reservations: email@example.com | Phone 55 11 3956-6386
Please consult availabilities and costs at: www.lequesbrasil.com.br
PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION IN SÃO PAULO
The easiest way to arrive at FECAP – Campus Liberdade is by taking the Metro (Blue Line) that has connections to major sections of all over the city . Get off at the LIBERDADE METRO STATION.
INFORMATION ABOUT RESTAURANTS NEARBY FECAP
(10% Discount for FECAP Students- No reservation is needed)
- Mezanino Grill e Café
Address: Rua Galvão Bueno, 40 – Liberdade ( located in a walking distance from FECAP).
- Terraço do Chop Churrascaria
Address: Av. Da Liberdade, 108 – Liberdade (located in a walking distance from FECAP)
- O Marquês Bar (all you can eat Buffet and Happy Hour)
Address: Av. Da Liberdade, 596 (Located in a walking distance from FECAP)
- Melts Hamburgueria (American Burguers)
Address: Av. Da Liberdade , 472 ( Located in a walking distance from FECAP)
- Frikot: batata com frescura ( French Fries)
Address: Rua Barão de Iguape, 165. ( located in Walking distance from FECAP)
LOST PASSPORTS – YOU MUST LOOK FOR YOUR COUNSULATE IN SAO PAULO
In case the student /visitor has lost his/her passport , She/He has to look for the Consulate of His/her country in Sao Paulo.
CONSULATES AND EMBASSY GUIDE IN BRAZIL
PUBLIC AND PRIVATE HOSPITALS
HOSPITAL DAS CLÍNICAS FMUSP
Av. Dr. Eneas de C. Aguiar, 255 – Cerqueira César – São Paulo
Telefone: (11) 3069- 6226 | (11) 3069 6000
HOSPITAL NOVE DE JULHO
Rua Peixoto Gomide, 625 – Cerqueira Cesar – São Paulo
Telefone : (11) 3147-9999
HOSPITAL SANTA CRUZ
Rua Santa Cruz, 398 – Vila Mariana – São Paulo
Telefone: (11) 5080-2002
HOSPITAL SÃO PAULO
Rua Napoleão de Barros, 715 – Vila Clementino – São Paulo
Telefone: (11) 5576-4522
TOP TOURISTIC ATTRACTIONS IN SÃO PAULO
- CENTRO CULTURAL BANCO DO BRASIL – Rua Álvares Penteado 112, Centro – São Bento Metro Station – Blue Line
2. TEATRO MUNICIPAL – Praça Ramos de Azevedo – Centro – República Station – Blue Line
3. MASP – MUSEU DE ARTE – Near the TRIANON-MASP Metro Station – Green Line
4. MUSEU DO FUTEBOL – Praça Charles Miller S/N – Uber access from Sumaré Metro Station. Yellow Line
5. MUNICIPAL MARKET – Near Sao Bento Metro Station – Blue Line
- THE IBIRAPUERA PARK – Near Servidor Público Metro Station – Lilac Line
8. FECAP – Av. da Liberdade 532. São Paulo – Liberdade Metro Station – Blue Line
USEFUL PUBLIC SERVICE TELEPHONE NUMBERS
100 Secretaria dos Direitos Humanos (Human Rights Department)
128 Serviços de Emergência no âmbito do Mercosul (Mercosur Jurisdiction)
180 Delegacias Especializadas de Atendimento à Mulher (Women’s Rights)
181 Disque Denúncia (Crime Reporting)
190 Polícia Militar (Militar Police)
191 Polícia Rodoviária Federal (Federal Roads Police)
192 Serviço Público de Remoção de Doentes (Ambulance)
193 Corpo de Bombeiros (Fire Fighters)
194 Polícia Federal (Federal Police)
197 Polícia Civil (Civil Police)
198 Polícia Rodoviária Estadual (State Road Police)
199 Defesa Civil (Civil Defense)
INTERNATIONAL AGENCIES IN BRAZIL – LEARNING INSTITUTIONS
- CAMPUS FRANCE BRASIL –https://www.bresil.campus france.org
- DAAD –German Service of Academic Exchange – ( German Language) https://www.daad.org.br
- EURYDICE – THE INFORMATION NETWORK ON EDUCATION IN EUROPE ( National Education Systems – comparative Reports) -https://eacea.ec.europa.eu/national-policies/eurydice/home_en
- CENTRO CULTURA ITALO BRASILEIRO DDANTE ALHIGHIERI- ( Italian Language) ladante.com.br/brasil/instituicao.html
- THE BRITISH COUNCIL ( English Language) https://www.britishcouncil.org.br/saopaulo
- JAPANESE INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION AGENCY – JICA jica.go.jp/brazil/portuguese/office
- GOETHE INSTITUTE BRASILIEN – (German Language) https://www.goethe.de/ins/br/pt/sta/sap/kur.html
AGÊNCIAS BRASILEIRAS DE AGRONEGÓCIOS (BRAZILIAN AGRIBUSINESS AGENCIES)
- ASSOCIAÇÃO BRASILEIRA DO AGRONEGÓCIO – http://www.abag.com.br/
- ASSOCIAÇÃO BRASILEIRA DOS PROFISSIONAIS PELO DESENVOLVIMENTO SUSTENTÁVEL – abraps.org.br/ods
- COMMUNICATING FOR AGRICULTURAL EDUCATION PROGRAM –CAEP – http://www.caep.com.br/
University Immersion – English in New Zealand
Agribusiness Exchange Program
- AGÊNCIA BRASIL – (Human Rights – Educationba- Economics – Agriculture – Financing )
- ABMRA – Associação Brasileira de Marketing Rural e Agronegócio (BRAZILIAN ASSOCIATION OF RURAM MARKETING AND AGRIBUSIENSS ) – http://www.abmra.org.br/2016/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/PORTFOLIO_COMITE_DE_AGENCIAS_ABMRA.pdf
- CONGRESSO BRASILEIRO DE AGRONEGÓCIO-https://cbaabagb3.com.br/
Contatos de emergência (FECAP E BIOMARKETING)
Prof. Dr. Wanderley Carneiro
Profa. Roseli Azevedo
WhatsApp 5511 983396908
Mirella Cais – Biomarketing
WhatsApp 5516 99706-3436
Updated by Roseli Azevedo, MBA – International Office Coordinator, Oct. 17 2018.