- Total class time: 40 hours.
- Unit: Centro Universitário FECAP Liberdade (Av. da Liberdade, 532).
- Time: Mondays and Wednesdays from 18:00 to 18:50.
- Value: Students and Alumni: R$100,00, in case of aprovement the value will be returned.
- Classroom: Colaboração E.
- External Public: R$500,00
- Professor: Matheus Albergaria
Course Description: This course is an introduction to to economic principles, such as demand, supply, elasticities, etc.
- Provide tools for economic analysis.
- Critical thinking towards social and political questions.
- Problem-solving abilities for real-world phenomena.
Methodology: “Hands-on” Lectures and exercises.
- The Principles and Practice of Economics
- Economic Methods and Economic Questions
- Demand, Supply, and Equilibrium
- Consumers and Incentives
- Sellers and Incentives
- Perfect Competition and the Invisible Hand
- Externalities and Public Goods
- The Government in the Economy: Taxation and Regulation
- Game Theory and Strategic Play
- Oligopoly and Monopolistic Competition
- NI1: written examination covering topics 1-4 (20%).
- NI2: written examination covering topics 5-8 (20%).
- PO (Official Exams): written examination covering the semester’s contents (60%).
- Acemoglu, D.; Laibson, D.; List, J. (2015). Economics, Pearson.
- Mankiw, N.G. (2015). Principles of Economics, Cengage Learning.